PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor), is an Open source and less-complicated programming language. It helps developers execute server-side scripting, command line scripting, and create PHP websites and web applications with ease. PHP is helpful in coding as it is compatible with all leading operating systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, PISC OS, Linux and also several UNIX variants.
Here are a few reasons why web Developers prefer PHP over other programming Languages.
- PHP is an Open source language available that do not need any subscription fee.
- Offers faster loading time.
- In fact, it offers support to all major web servers such as IIS and Apache.
- Compatible with leading operating systems.
- Flexible than C, C++, and ASP.
- You can easily download large number of libraries and extensions.
- PHP is very much secure from malicious attacks.
- Also, flexible for database connectivity.
- Lastly, it has a wide available community Support.